COVID-19 DELIVERY/PICKUP/CURBSIDE POLICY Effective AUGUST 2020
Since reopening at the end of May 2020, I have been wearing a mask when I deliver any orders. I will call ahead and confirm that I am on-route and request that the person on the receiving end wear a mask or stand back within the social distancing guidelines. I have been following the CDC recommendations. I will take and cash/check for all orders. If you are picking up and order, I have an outside table that I will place your order on and stand by for any questions that you may have.
Contact me to pay for your items. Call me at 712-240-3458.
As your cake decorator, I agrees to deliver the above described cake in a timely and agreed manner. The following conditions apply:
- A retainer of 50% is required to consider this an order and contract for services to be rendered in your behalf. The remaining balance is due three (3) weeks prior to the delivery date. Any changes to this order must be made no later than three (3) weeks prior to delivery. If order is canceled, 50% of the total cake cost is non-refundable, plus any and all expenses already incurred in behalf of the finished product. Payment via cash or Venmo by “X”, or contract will be void for non-payment and the customer must make other arrangements for a cake.
- In the case of fresh flower usage on the cake, the responsibility of the flower safety and safe food practices will rest with the florist and not with (Lauri’s Cakes). The person placing this order should obtain a notice of plant safety, in question, from the florist.
- 50% retainer required to reserve requested date with balance paid in full two weeks prior to event. All orders requested less than one week from event must be paid in full to reserve your date. Retainers are non-refundable. Failure to pay balance by due date results in forfeit of retainer as well as completed cake. Orders placed with less than one-week notice require payment in full to secure the order. All cakes prepared in a home kitchen where other items are prepared which may contain or come into contact with nuts and other food allergens such as wheat, milk, eggs. Client assumes all liability for disclosure of known food allergies prior to booking a cake and for safe consumption and handling after delivery or pick up.
- The colorsblue and purple or any shade of these colors cannot be guaranteed. These colors are unstable and tend to fade and /or bleed into surrounding colors and frosting. Outdoor events there is no guarantee.
- Be Aware: Ingredients or machinery may have come in contact with nuts, milk and wheat.
- In the case of an unavoidable occurrence, such as a car accident or poor road conditions (see below) during delivery --- (Lauri’s Cakes) cannot be held liable for more than the price of the cake described in this in this order.
- The client will provide clear driving instructions to location and inform (Lauri’s Cakes) of any adverse road hazards and/or obstacles that may hamper the delivery and quality of finished (PLEASE NOTE: excessive jarring due to “pot holes”, road construction or unseen road conditions, will damage the finished product to an unstable and undesirable state.)